Pleshakov, Ushkalov & Partners possess a sound expertise in legal support of transport, freight-forwarding and import/export activities. We advise any carrier participants on civil, transport, customs or tax issues.
The most frequent issues are disputes between carries and the customs authorities. In the period 2006 – 2014 our lawyers had over 400 lawsuits connected with the TIR system.
We are happy to offer you legal support in the following areas:
- Interaction with the customs authorities;
- Execution of transport and carrier documents (TIR carnets, waybills);
- Implementation of international conventions regarding transport;
- Legal representation in disputes over recovery of late or additional customs payments;
- Legal protection while challenging the resolutions of the Russian Federal Customs Service.
- Advocacy of the International Road Carriers Associationin a lawsuit over recovery of guarantee payments to repay the debt on customs duties and taxes and invalidation of some regulatory acts (over 400 lawsuits);
- Representation of the International Road Transport Union (IRU), Geneva, in commercial litigations of the first, appeal and cassation instances, including the Presidium of the Supreme Commercial Court in the lawsuit against the Federal Customs Service;
- Legal support of refund of overpaid customs payments from the Russian Federal budget, interaction with the Federal Treasury Office in Moscow.
Head of Practice nastasia Podkovko