The commercial practice of Pleshakov, Ushkalov & Partners offers legal support for the running business of the companies (in particular, contract drafting, legal opinions, cooperation with different public regulating authorities, like registration, licensing, supervision, law enforcement and other authorities).
The law firm has extensive practice in real estate, carriage, energy, banking and finance, trade and retail. Therefore we can offer exceptional legal support for large Russian and international businesses in respective sectors. We build strong and lasting relationships with our clients; many of them have resorted to our services for over a decade.
Our lawyers draft various contracts (sales and purchase, delivery, work and labor, agent’s, commission, engagement, service, distribution, public private partnership, joint venture, EPC/EPCM and other contracts), including foreign trade contracts. We in all cases consider the specific of each transaction, that means that we carefully look into the business of each our Client.
The commercial practice lawyers have a huge expertise in legal due diligence of the Client’s contracts for risk identification, legal support of investment projects, representation f the Client before public authorities.
The Law Firm regularly deals with the registration and supervision authorities and their local departments (Federal Tax Service, Federal Antitrust Service, Federal Environmental, Industrial and Nuclear Supervision Service, Federal Agency for Public Property Management, Federal Service for Public Registration, Cadastre and Mapping, Federal Bailiff’s Service, Federal Migration Service etc.), including disputing the acts of the said authorities.
Our lawyers prepare documents to be filed with the law enforcement authorities (police, investigative committee, prosecutor’s office), protect the Clients in cases handled by the said authorities, in particular, accompany the Clients and their employees while presentation of case or other investigations (questioning, search, seizure).
The Law Firm also deals with the issues related to the mass media (including their registration and support of running activities – relations with the Federal Supervision Authority for Information Technologies and Communications, the authors of the materials published by the mass media), intellectual property and intangible benefits (protection of honor, dignity and business reputation).
Key areas of expertise:
- Legal due diligence of contracts, legal opinions on the planned transactions;
- Legal support at any stage of transactions (contract drafts, coordination with the couterpart’s lawyers, contract signing, performance control);
- Negotiations and amicable dispute settlement;
- Legal support of investment projects (including those in construction and energy sectors);
- Advising on commercial activities in Russia (civil, corporate, banking, administration, tax, antitrust, criminal, land, urban-planning law, insolvency, securities etc.);
- Representation before governmental and municipal authorities, law enforcement authorities (police, prosecutor’s office, investigative committee) in issues connected to business activities.
Head of Practice Jeanna Kolesnikova