Legal representation is traditionally the core expertise of Pleshakov, Ushkalov & Partners since 1991. The dispute resolution practice is one of the oldest in the Law Firm and on the Russian legal market as well.Over the last decades our lawyers have gained a unique expertise in representing our Clients before the Russian and international courts and other competent authorities (arbitration and commercial courts).
Our lawyers represent major construction, financial, transport, energy and trade companies before commercial and regular courts of all instances. Large Russian and international businesses often resort to our services when the litigation is already at the appeal or cassation stage, when protection of the Clients’ rights and legal interests requires pinpoint accuracy of our experts.
The dispute resolution team have proven to be highly skilled experts. Their expertise is recognized by Russian and international legal rankings and the Clients’ references.
A number of court decisions made in our lawsuits became precedential and significantly changed the Russian case law.
We offer a full range of legal services at any stage of the civil, commercial or administrative litigation. Our principal task is to develop the strategy to protect our business and private Clients and to present various options aimed at settling the dispute in the way mostly meeting the Client’s interests.
Keeping in mind the best international practices, we seek to settle the disputes in the mostly cost-effective manner allowing for the successful litigation with minimum financial and time expenditures or to solve the issue amicably.
Key areas of expertise:
- debt recovery under civil law contracts;
- invalidation of contracts and other deals;
- contract termination and cost recovery;
Customs and Transport Law
- representation in lawsuits initiated by the customs authorities to recover the guarantee payments to repay the debt on customs duties and taxes;
- disputing resolutions of the customs authorities and claiming invalidation of legal acts of the Federal Customs Service.
- legal advice to international traders in such issues as interaction with the customs, functioning of the international road carrier system, execution of transport and carrier documents (TIR Carnet, way bills etc.), customs clearance, customs value adjustment, compliance with the Russian laws, international conventions and treaties the Russian Federation is party to while importing the goods to the Russian Federation and the Customs Union.
- pre-marital and post-marital agreements;
- divorce proceedings;
- financial proceedings arising on divorce (movables and real estate, shares and interests in equity capital, property abroad);
- invalidation of deals made by one of the spouses;
- resolution of problems relating to children, including residence, contact (access), custody and support;
- recovery of support payments for children or disabled parents.
- will contests;
- potions in inheritance;
- finding of a kinship;
- distribution of inherited property;
- adding property to the succession mass;
- administration of inheritance accept and registration of succession rights;
- claims against notary public;
- interaction with the registry authorities.
- drafting and amendment of labor contracts, employment termination agreements incl. related documentary;
- legal support in labor disputes, advising on labor law compliance issues;
- complete due diligence of documents for compliance with the Russian labor law;
- representation of employees and employers in court and at the prosecutor’s office.
- consumer protection disputes;
- disputing the regulatory/non-regulatory legal acts, actions (omissions) of public authorities and officers;
- administrative proceedings, including challenging administrative rulings;
- slander and defamation suits.
Head of Practice – Anastasia Podkovko